NEW YORK — American Express has inked a deal with Hilton Worldwide that will offer Consumer, Corporate and OPEN Platinum Card Members complimentary Hilton HHonors Gold Status. This new benefit is now available for U.S. Platinum Card Members, rolling out to Platinum Card Members in other countries in the coming months.
“Our Platinum Card Members count on us to elevate their travel experience from the time they book their trip until they return home,” said Lisa Durocher, senior vice president, Charge and Benefits for American Express. “The Platinum Card can help make travel more enjoyable at every step of the journey, and this latest agreement with Hilton Worldwide gives card members a more convenient and valuable stay while on the road.”
Enrolled Platinum Card Members will receive Hilton HHonors Gold Status benefits at more than 4,440 participating Hilton Worldwide properties worldwide, including:
- Space-available room upgrades to preferred rooms at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio – A Collection by Hilton, and DoubleTree by Hilton
- Free standard internet access when booking direct
- Digital check-in which enables you to choose your room and customize your stay from your mobile device
- Late check-out and express check-out upon request
- 25% bonus points on all Hilton HHonors Base Points earned
- 5th Reward Night Free on Standard Room reward stays of five nights or more. Complimentary bottled water and access to hotel-owned-and-operated fitness centers during stays at select properties
Platinum Card Members can enroll online at americanexpress.com/hiltongold or by calling the number on the back of their Card.
Coinciding with the newest status benefit for Platinum Card Members, a number of additional Waldorf Astoria, Conrad and Hilton hotel properties have also been added to the FINE HOTELS & RESORTS program and The Hotel Collection from American Express. Featured properties now include the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, Conrad Algarve and the Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort.
“Through Hilton HHonors membership, we are able to create a more personalized relationship with our guests. This enables us to provide them with more choice, control and value such as free Wi-Fi, free stays and exclusive experiences,” said Mark Weinstein, global head of loyalty and partnerships for Hilton Worldwide.