DALI, YUNNAN, China – Hilton Worldwide has announced the opening of Hilton Dali Resort & Spa, which marks Hilton’s debut in Dali and the fourth property in the Hilton portfolio in Yunnan province after Hilton Fuxian Lake, DoubleTree by Hilton Xishuangbanna and Hilton Garden Inn Lijiang. Hilton Dali Resort & Spa is owned by Dali Shine Xiadu Real Estate Co., Ltd. and managed by Hilton Worldwide.
“Hilton Hotels & Resorts is ready to set the standard for world class hospitality in Dali. With the hotel situated at the crossroads of Dali’s Ancient Town and the Xia Guan commercial district, Hilton Dali Resort & Spa provides international and domestic travelers the opportunity to immerse themselves into this special region steeped in culture and civilization for centuries,” said Rob Palleschi, global head, full service brands, Hilton Worldwide.
Hilton Worldwide currently has 64 hotels operating in Greater China, including 31 Hilton Hotels & Resorts properties in key cities such as Shanghai, Beijing, Chengdu and Shenzhen. In addition, there are 180 more Hilton Worldwide hotels in the pipeline for planned for development in China.
Hilton Dali Resort & Spa is located in stunning Dali, halfway up Cangshan Mountain, facing Erhai Lake. The hotel is close to Zhang’s Garden, Cangshan National Geopark, Cangshan Cable Car and The Three Pagodas of Chengsheng Temple. The shopping districts of Dali Ancient City and Xiaguan Commercial District are also nearby, as is the Dali Museum of Intangible Cultural Heritage. Hilton Dali Resort & Spa provides easy access to many forms of transportation including Dali Airport, located 23 kilometers from the hotel, and the Dali Train Station, 15 kilometers from the hotel.
Designed by HBA/Hirsch Bedner Associates, Hilton Dali Resort & Spa blends Bai style into its architecture, offering 375 tastefully-decorated rooms, each with a private balcony where guests can enjoy scenic panoramic views. In addition, guests who opt for executive rooms and suites will be granted exclusive access to the Executive Lounge.
With a range of flexible meeting spaces, as well as courtyards and lush open areas, Hilton Dali Resort & Spa is a premier venue for events such as product launches, car shows, business meetings, cocktail events, social gatherings and weddings. The main Cangshan Ballroom spans 1,100 square meters and can be divided into three separate function rooms. There is also a 300-square meter junior Erhai Ballroom, as well as 12 other multifunction meeting rooms ranging from 60 to 100 square meters in size. All spaces are equipped with high-speed Wi-Fi and the latest audio-visual technology. The business center provides access to secretarial and business services, and a dedicated hotel team is available to accommodate any request.
Hilton Dali Resort & Spa has three innovative restaurants and two bars:
- Spices is an all-day dining restaurant ideal for families and casual gatherings. Guests can enjoy authentic Yunnan and Western cuisines, as well as other Chinese specialties at the restaurant, or grab a quick bite from its Pantry or Juice & Coffee Bar.
- La Bella Luna is a traditional Italian trattoria where guests may indulge in authentic pasta and breads made from scratch daily. Guests may dine near the warm glow of the pizza oven or al fresco on the terrace overlooking the lake.
- Yuxi is a sophisticated Chinese restaurant open for fine dining lunch or dinner reservations. There are 18 private dining rooms, and the cuisine artfully combines Chinese specialties with regional culinary traditions.
- Lobby Lounge is a relaxed and sophisticated space for guests to unwind over a cup of tea or a signature cocktail.
- The Brew Bar, with its post-industrial décor, is the perfect place to catch up with friends over a game of billiards and a few rounds of specially brewed beer. There are 60 varieties from around the world to choose from, as well as a menu of appetizers.
Recreational facilities at Hilton Dali Resort & Spa include a 160-square meter fitness center that is open around the clock, spa facilities that include a sauna, 25-meter indoor swimming pool, Kids’ pool, a Kids’ Club, Mahjong rooms and a rooftop mini golf course.
“We are well on our way to quadrupling our portfolio of operational hotels in China within the next few years and are proud to add Dali to the growing list of top destinations where we have established a presence,” said Bruce McKenzie, senior vice president, operations, Greater China & Mongolia, Hilton Worldwide.