HAIKOU, CHINA – Hilton Worldwide has announced the opening of Hilton Haikou, the eighth Hilton Worldwide hotel on Hainan Island and the first internationally-branded hotel in Haikou’s central business district. Hilton Haikou is operated by Hilton Worldwide and owned by HNA Group, a Fortune 500 company.
“We are pleased to add Hilton Haikou to our growing portfolio in Hainan. It reflects our confidence in the buoyant Hainan market and continues our rapid pace of development in China,” said Bruce McKenzie, senior vice president of operations, Greater China & Mongolia, Hilton Worldwide.
Hilton Haikou is situated within Hainan’s tallest building, which stands at 249 meters. The flagship hotel’s strategic downtown location makes it easy to explore the city’s attractions, including Century Park, Evergreen Park and Hainan Volcanic Crater Park. The beach is within walking distance and major businesses are also close. The hotel is 26 kilometers from Haikou Meilan International Airport and seven kilometers from the Haikou East High-Speed Railway Station, which has direct connections to cities such as Wenchang and Sanya.
“Helping global travelers find new experiences has been in Hilton’s DNA since we opened our first hotel in 1919, and we are proud to extend our renowned hospitality to travelers visiting Haikou,” said Sean Wooden, vice president, brand management, APAC, Hilton Worldwide. “Hilton Haikou is the perfect choice for guests, especially business travelers, and we look forward to being of service to the growing corporate and MICE segments of this important city.”
With a sky lobby on the 35th floor and rooms from the 36th to 52nd floors, the 406-room Hilton Haikou offers spectacular views of the city and Haikou Bay. Quality in-room amenities include Hilton Serenity® beds, a generously-sized desk, wireless internet access, 48″ LCD TV with international channels, a bathroom with a separate shower and bathtub, as well as Peter Thomas Roth® toiletries. Guests staying in executive rooms enjoy access to the Executive Lounge on the 57th floor, the building’s top floor. Besides panoramic views, the Executive Lounge provides complimentary breakfast and evening cocktails, as well as private check-in and check-out services.
The hotel’s five restaurants and bars provide a variety of food and beverage choices for every customer:
- Senses is an all-day dining restaurant that offers buffets, Western and Southeast Asian delicacies, traditional Chinese cuisine and Hainanese specialties in an open concept dining area.
- Grill@33 is a contemporary fine dining restaurant serving western seafood dishes. Grill@33 features elegant décor and a grand staircase flanked by wine displays.
- YUXI Chinese Restaurant offers a sophisticated dining experience, with private dining rooms and signature dishes that blend Chinese culinary traditions with regional flavors.
- Blu Bar on the 55th floor is a vibrant Jazz bar, with live performances and a fantastic selection of rum and whiskey.
- CHA Tea Lounge offers a wide selection of teas, especially Chinese teas, and is a cozy spot to indulge in Hilton’s signature afternoon tea.
Hilton Haikou has 15 versatile meeting spaces spanning more than 2,000 square meters, including a 690-square meter pillar-free Grand Ballroom that can be configured to suit any event. All meeting spaces are equipped with state-of-the-art audio visual and lighting systems. The hotel’s 24-hour business center offers full business services and a dedicated events team provides meticulous support to ensure successful events. Recreational amenities include a heated indoor pool, a 24-hour fitness center and a spa.