In order to get the bonus, you need to spend $3,000 with the card in the first three months. There is also an $85 annual fee that is charged in the first month.
The card offers 1 free night stay at any Marriott Category 1–5 hotel every year after your account anniversary. Category 1-5 limits you to hotels in primarily suburban areas and away from top tourist destinations and large cities.
You can also get 7,500 bonus points if you add another authorized user to the account and they make a purchase in the first three months.
Marriott Visa card holders receive the following bonus points with use:
- 5 points for every $1 spent at over 5,700 Marriott and SPG hotels
- 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental agencies and restaurants
- 1 point for every $1 spent on purchases anywhere else
- Your points don’t expire as long as you make purchases on your credit card every 24 months
- 15 credits toward your next Elite membership level after account approval and every year after account anniversary
- Earn 1 Elite credit for every $3,000 spent on purchases