PARIS — Starwood’s Tribute Portfolio has added two Parisian hotels, Le Metropolitan and Le Dokhan’s. They are now bookable through Starwood online, providing SPG members more choice to earn and redeem points in one of the world’s most adored destinations, Paris.
The Tribute Portfolio is also debuting an exclusive partnership with consumer shopping service LIKEtoKNOW.it, enabling independent-minded travelers to directly book a stay at the Parisian properties through Instagram.
Based on a recent study, 77 percent of travelers use their smart phones for travel inspiration in spare moments, such as waiting or commuting. With this in mind, Tribute Portfolio is enabling consumers to act on their wanderlust almost immediately through a new partnership with LIKEtoKNOW.it. Travelers can book a stay at either Le Metropolitan, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, or Le Dokhan’s, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, with just a simple double tap on any Instagram photo tagged with @tributeportfolio, #independentmoments and a LIKEtoKNOW.it enabled shocking link. Upon liking the photo, they will receive an email with direct links to book via the hotel website, simplifying usual process of searching for a hotel homepage after admiring their favorite influencer’s vacation on social media. Tribute Portfolio is the first hotel brand to partner with LIKEtoKNOW.it as the platform launches into the travel category, representing a modern way that travel brands can build awareness and provide a seamless path to purchase in a place where consumers are discovering daily inspiration.
“With nearly half of all travelers worldwide using smartphones to plan or book their trips, our partnership with LIKEtoKNOW.it is yet another way we are helping our guests ‘Stay Independent’ in the City of Lights as more and more consumers turn to Instagram for travel inspiration,” said Dave Marr, Global Brand Leader for Tribute Portfolio. “Now, travelers can turn their spare moments into independent moments at our two new boutique hotels in Paris, demonstrating that we truly are a brand built by and for our SPG members.”
As with all Tribute Portfolio properties, Le Metropolitan and Le Dokhan’s feature a list of #independentmoments: distinct details and experiences found at each Tribute Portfolio hotel and resort that illustrate what guests love about “staying independent.” Exclusively for these two properties, Tribute Portfolio engaged five fashion influencers, Alex’s Closet, La Revue De Kenza, Elles en Parlent, Marie Luv Pink and J’aime tout Chez toi, who are part of LIKEtoKNOW.it’s community to stay at the Parisian properties, capture their #independentmoments, and share them via Instagram.
Le Metropolitan, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel: Designed by French architect Francois Champsaur, Le Metropolitan’s elegant and modern aesthetic brings the essence of Paris to life in a traditional 19th Century Haussmann-style building. The rooms and suites feature a soothing color palette complemented by hardwood floors, beautiful local artwork and inspiring views over the city. Guests can relax in the hotel’s pool and wellness center before sampling local and Mediterranean cuisine in the property’s glamourous restaurant. Le Metropolitan, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel’s #independentmoments include:
- François Champsaur Fireplace: This charming, massive fireplace created by a renowned French designer adds extra warmth to guests’ lunch and drinks.
- Blue Bar: Creating a sublime atmosphere for guests to enjoy a glass of wine, this blue-lit on-property bar boasts a modern, but elegant mixture of steel and brass accents.
- Hammam Pool: Following a day of sightseeing around Paris, guests can take a relaxing dip in this Turkish bath-inspired indoor pool that houses a traditional Turkish Hammam or steam room.
- View of the Tour Eiffel: Nestled on the Metropolitan, guests have a stunning view of the iconic Eiffel Tower from their balconies.
- Candle Lit Corridor: This narrow corridor plays with guests’ perceptions with candlelit mirrored walls.
- Natural Wood Walls: These flexible walls made of materials, typically found in French apartments, ensure that guests feel right at home in their guest suites.
- Lobster Cocotte: Emblematic of Le Metropolitan restaurant’s philosophy, this is a surprising dish that uses fresh, high quality products to awake diners’ taste buds.
Le Dokhan’s, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel: Originally conceived as a private townhouse, Le Dokhan’s retains the feeling of an intimate Parisian residence. The hotel’s interior design was crafted by celebrated local designer, Frederic Mechiche, who stayed true to the property’s neo-classical style. A treasure trove of antiques, the hotel features an original Louis Vuitton lift cabin, hand painted friezes, custom made fabrics and works of art by Picasso, Klee and Matisse. Le Dokhan’s is also home to the city’s very first Champagne bar, where guests can still choose from more than 200 different varieties of premium champagne. Le Dokhan’s, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel’s #independentmoments include:
- Haussmann Façade: This classic Parisian style architecture, known for stone facades and 6 floor buildings, dates back to the late 19th century, which is accentuated by the building’s unique corner location.
- Spiral Staircase: As a Haussmann building, the hotel is full of surprising elements, including this hand painted spiral staircase.
- On Property Art Collection: Original Picasso, Matisse and Marquet engravings are housed in the Salon Cheminée, where guests can enjoy a glass of champagne next to the wood burning fireplace.
- Le Dokhan’s Bar: Guests can enjoy champagne tastings, live jazz sessions and distillery previews among 18th century wood carving and gold leaf details at this premier Parisian champagne bar, which was the first establishment in Paris to only serve the beloved bubbly drink.
- Louis Vuitton Elevator: With walls created purely of designer suitcases, guests can literally surround themselves in French luxury.
- Canopy Beds: Hotel guests can burry themselves in these luxurious canopy beds upholstered in traditional Toile de Juoy or blue and white striped fabric.
Both hotels are located within easy reach of such landmarks as the Trocadero Gardens, the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower.